Sherman's Head

Thursday, August 11, 2005

celebrity

For some reason, I'm always slightly star-struck when I meet celebrities. I'm always amazed by this reaction of mine. I really should be used to meeting rock stars and such by now. I cooked at the Fillmore and met a great deal of them when they came through the dinner line. I also have a sister that has a knack for winning stuff on the radio and always takes me to these private performances and meet-and-greets. Recently, My sister and I went to an "Alice Lounge." It's basically a local radio station's private performance series to promote artists they play. This particular afternoon it was Anna Nalick. She was supposed open for Howie Day, but, one of his crew came down with a medical emergency and he couldn't make it. Nevertheless, she was just a singer. But something about having heard her music before on the radio and having seen her on TV made her other-worldly to me. I got her to sign my CD cover and took a pic on my camera phone (and my friends told me I'd never use it). She seemed real down to earth and was very personable, but still that aura of fame was around her. I just couldn't shake it. Star-struck I was. Again.

Like I said, I REALLY should be used to this by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home