Sherman's Head

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

souvenir



I like to buy things for my friends whenever I go on trips. I sent out some of my souvenirs yesterday. Today, a souvenir I bought while I was in New York came in. I bought a cheesecake from Carnegie Deli. A couple of cheesecakes, actually. I bought one for myself to enjoy with my family and I bought one for the Respiratory department in the hospital I work in with the intention of it arriving before I got back from New York. Apparently, it wasn't as easy as that. It actually took some time before Carnegie Deli shipped out my cheesecakes and by the time I got back from NY, the cakes hadn't even been shipped out yet.

Well, they were sent out yesterday and I received the above box at work along with another larger box. I asked my boss, Joe, to open the large cheesecake (12-inch plain) and set it out in the Respiratory break room for all to share and place the smaller one(6-inch chocolate) in the fridge so I could take it home. I was at a different "campus" (our Hospital is made up of three three different hospitals/campuses around SF) when they arrived so it was almost like how I'd originally planned it. That the cakes would get there and be a surprise for my co-workers. Well, they got their cake and I got mine. When I got home, I unwrapped it (as below left), removed it from it's vacuum packaging (as below right) and placed it in the refrigerator to thaw a bit more. I'll have a slice later, but, I'm sure it will be heavenly. Like the one I had on the east coast not so long ago...

1 Comments:

  • At April 08, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger rekkidbraka said…

    You ROCK for sending me the Rorelai Yale baseball cap and the bookmark! So unexpected and sooooo sweet! Sherman, you're the best. Thank you for making this rainy Saturday a lot brighter. :-)

    Once this horrible workweek is over and the sun is shining and I have time to breathe again so that I can do fun things like shop, I'm sending you a fun ATL pack of stuff you can only get here. Yep. It's gonna be cool. As Meh would say: "Seriously."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home