Sherman's Head

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

1993

Stole this meme from The Sheriff over on Myspace.com. I thought it was fun and It got me thinking about how much has changed from those high school days.

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.


1. Who was your best friend?
Robert- We "broke-up" over a girl in high school (stupid, I know). Haven't really talked to him since.

2. What sports did you play?
None.

4. It's Friday night, where were you at?
Probably at home hanging with my family or maybe playing D&D with some friends.

5. Were you a party animal?
Not really.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
I was so clueless about such things that when a girl actually flirted with me ONCE I couldn't take the hint. Finally, she got bored and left.

7. Ever skip school?
Yes, a couple of times. Only as a senior. Once on ditch day and a couple of times to hang out in the city (San Francisco).

8. Ever smoke?
The only cigarette I ever smoked was in college and it never took. I smoked out once in college too and that didn't take either.

9. Were you a nerd?
Yeppers

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Nope. Detention once.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?
I don't think we had one. If so, then no.

12. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Petty. Ironically, one of the toughest teachers I had. He made us do 20 minute oral presentations each semester. We were only allowed one 3x5 index card for notes.

13. Favorite class?
Cooking

14. What was your school's full name?
Westmoor High School

15. School mascot?
Rams

16. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, my group of friends all went together and it was fun. Until I was consoling a friend near the end because he was fighting with his girl.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
Maybe. So many different choices. I definitely would've been more outgoing.

18. What do you remember most about graduation?
Nothing really.

19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
Magic Mountain during Grad Night and the ride home. The company on the ride home alone was worth the drama that day.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?
What's a senior wall?

21. Did you have a job your senior year?
Nah.

22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
I worked in the cafeteria during lunchtimes so I got a free lunch there every day.

23. What did you do after graduation?
We had a dance on a boat. Went with friends.

24. Did you have a bf/gf?
HAHAHAHHAHAH..... no.

25. When did you graduate?
1993. Geez, I'm old!

So since there are only three people I know that read this blog that have blogs, Manta, Andy, and Rekkid.... you're it!

2 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger mantaraggio said…

    Nice try, but no way! This meme would give away too much about my secret identity. ;-)

     
  • At September 03, 2006 2:36 PM, Blogger rekkidbraka said…

    Manta, get over yourself, dude. You SO know you were on Senior Wall.*

    *Like Sherman, I have no clue what that is.

    I'll play... Senior Year. Oh so long ago... *sigh*...

    1. Who was your best friend?
    Didn't really have one. I met my BF, Vanessa, in college.

    2. What sports did you play?
    None, but I was glad that back then, the Mustangs were winners.

    4. It's Friday night, where were you at?
    Working at B. Dalton at the mall.

    5. Were you a party animal?
    In my own room, yes.

    6. Were you considered a flirt?
    No.

    7. Ever skip school?
    Yes, but only when my mom was bored and either had me stay home or checked me out to hang with her. Actually "skip" school? No.

    8. Ever smoke?
    Smoked one ciggie in college and vowed to never do it again. In fact, I only took one puff and it made me way sick. Disgusting habit, IMO. I don't judge others who smoke but for me, no way. And I don't want people to smoke around me. I try to care for my lungs and would like folks to respect that.

    9. Were you a nerd?
    Technically, probably. But I was more like that kid you go to school with who, later in life, you may run into and go "Oh, right... We went to high school together" b/c you didn't really know me since I was just sort of there, wandering the halls. I had friends who were nerds, popular kids, jocks, hoods and homies. Later, I found out that the hoods really liked me b/c "you never talked bad about anyone or judged people." Weird.

    10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
    No. I was a good kid.

    11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?
    No. I'm assuming that we had one.

    12. Who was your favorite teacher?
    Senior year, I didn't really have a favorite. But Dr. Griffin, my English teacher, challenged me the most. And I somehow earned As from her. Overall in high school, my faves were Mrs. Music, my PE teacher, and Mrs. Hunter, my junior year Geometry teacher. I choose Mrs. Music b/c I wasn't the greatest PE student but I got As b/c I tried hard (and Mrs. Music proved to me that I could walk just as fast as I could run, which is why I do the Peachtree Road Race now; thanks, Mrs. Music) and I choose Mrs. Hunter b/c Geometry was the only math class I ever got straight As in. She made me believe that not only could I do Geometry, but that I was good at it. Now that's a great teacher.

    13. Favorite class?
    English

    14. What was your school's full name?
    Morrow Senior High School (now it's just Morrow High School; when I went there, we were under the Sr./Jr. High system)

    15. School mascot?
    Mustangs. But here's something weird: The original graduating class of 1969, when the school was opened, actually chose the name in honor of the Ford Mustang b/c they thought the car was cool and fast. Since you can't really have a car as your school mascot, the horsey Mustang gets all the facetime but I swear I remember hearing the "it's really about the car" story back in high school and I believe it.

    16. Did you go to Prom?
    No and thank goodness. Our class (and school) was forever banned from the Airport Hilton for acting like a bunch of crass rednecks. Besides, I had good taste in music. Why would I want to waste big $$$ to squeeze into a hoop dress and be forced to listen to Guns 'N' Roses, Warrant and Janet Jackson slow ballads? Ewww.

    17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
    Go back to high school? No. Never. Not even college. I don't want to do homework of any kind again. Ever.

    18. What do you remember most about graduation?
    Angie Holt getting her diploma, throwing up her hands exuberantly and screaming loudly with pure joy. They'd told us to be all quiet and stoic and that was just the best moment of the whole ceremony - b/c I remember wishing I'd had the guts to do the same thing. Angie was cool.

    19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
    Telling this beeyotch in Spanish class that I didn't give a fork what she thought of me b/c in a month or so, I wouldn't ever have to look at her stupid face again - ever. Talk about taking the wind out of someone's sails. I think it devastated her, realizing that I. Just. Didn't. Care.

    20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?
    The FORK is that?

    21. Did you have a job your senior year?
    Yes. I rocked it wildstyle, shelving books at B. Dalton in the mall.

    22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
    I skipped the cafeteria action and hung out in the library or in Mrs. Johnson's French classroom with some friends. The weird part was that I didn't have Mrs. Johnson for French.

    23. What did you do after graduation?
    Came home, had a party, got cake shoved in my face by my older niece, Cinnamon.

    24. Did you have a bf/gf?
    Only in my mind. Who was I dating in 1990? Richard "Booker On 21 Jump Street" Grieco. God, what was wrong with me?

    25. When did you graduate?
    1990. I know. I can't believe it, either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home