Sherman's Head

Sunday, May 06, 2007

poster



I bought a CD poster almost 5 years ago. I thought it was a novel idea to put up CDs as an "art piece." I've always liked the look of some cover art and I thought this would be a great way to display them. The poster allows me to display the entire CD (case cover and all) while still being able to access the disc inside (See picture one and then 2 with the open cases). I finally put it up this week (yeah, way to procrastinate) And put a bunch of CDs in it. I actually went more for favorites and "classic album" value over good cover art. Though I think that my choices have good art as well.

Here's a list so far if you're interested (from top left, row by row) The blanks are blank for now but I ut in some thoughts for that space:

blank (John Mayer- Room For Squares)
Paolo Nutini- These Streets
blank (John Mayer- Continuum)
Astrud Gilberto- Astrud Bilberto's Finest Hour
blank (Jon McLaughlin- Indiana)
Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism
Green Day- Dookie
Stan Getz- Getz for Lovers
blank (Dave Barnes- Brother, Bring the Sun)
Pearl Jam- Vs.
Steve Miller- Young Hearts: The Best of Steve Miller
Stacey Kent- Let Yourself Go
My Chemical Romance- Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Lemonheads- It's a Shame About Ray
Dixie Chicks- Fly
They Might be Giants- Flood
Dashboard Confessional- MTV Unplugged
Harry Connick, Jr.- When Harry Met Sally Soundtrack
Counting Crows- August and Everything After
Jeff Buckley- Grace
Ben Folds- Rockin the Suburbs
Pearl Jam- Ten
Kyle Riabko- Before I Speak
Lauryn Hill- The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home