Sherman's Head

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mayer

Can you believe it's October already? My October started out really good. I went to see John Mayer and Sheryl Crow perform at the Shoreline Ampitheater. Sheryl Crow rocked the house. I 've never seen her perform before and she was awesome. She could really belt out those tunes! She came out, rocked the house and came back with an unexpected encore cover of Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" that brought the house down.

Mayer sounded great and with brilliant guitar work as usual. It was nice to see him back with DeLa, DRH and the band. I especially loved that he played, Heart Of Life, my favorite track from the new album, Continuum. On the way out, there was an unexpected surprise, they were hnding out posters for the show. It was a sweet souvenir of a great show. It also brought me back to those good old days when I worked at the Fillmore and got a poster at the end of the night.


John Mayer
10-01-2006
Mountain View, CA
Shoreline Ampitheater

Setlist:
Belief
Good Love is on the Way
Vultures
Why Georgia
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Daughters
Bigger Than My Body
Gravity
Heart Of Life
Waiting on the World to Change
No Such Thing

encore:
Dreaming With a Broken Heart
In Repair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home