Sherman's Head

Thursday, September 29, 2005

jump


This is in addendum to my earlier post in August about the Jonny Moseley Ski Jump on San Francisco streets. It happened today at around 12:00 pm. Had I know about it I might have taken myself down there to check it out during lunch. it got moved to weekday from a weekend presumably so that there would be a smaller crowd. It's interesting to me in a different way. I've never skied before and I don't think a ski jump would be in my near future but it's interesting still from an engineering standpoint. How do you get that much snow to stay still on one of the hottest days that San Francisco has had this year? Further more it would have been cool to see skiers jump that thing if only for the photo opportunities. Imagine an action shot of a skier jumping up in the air framed by San Francisco houses on either side. I'll look for some online in the weeks to come but it would've been "trippy" ( to coin a Sixties phrase) to see it live.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home