Sherman's Head

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

jack

Went to see with my sister to the Roxie in the Mission District last night. She got a pass for two to a screening of Jack Johnson's new DVD release Jack Johnson and Friends: A Weekend at the Greek. Now, I'm not the fan of Jack Johnson that my sister is but I have nothing against his music. I would say I can like his music but I'm not in a hurry to go buy the album. This movie, however, definitely changed that perception. I am deifinitely being won over slowly by Jack. The movie also featured some other acts from Jack's label, Brushfire Records. Of the acts that were featured, I definitely liked Matt Costa and enjoyed the Animal Liberation Orchestra the most.

As for my starter Jack Johnson CD, my sister recommended the new one, In Between Dreams. She says it's a good starter for me because it's all love songs. apparently he wrote all of them for his wife (or, "Lucky Girl," as my sister calls her). I can get behind a CD written with one particular muse in mind. I was also told by a good friend, with impeccable taste in music(*cough*Rekkid*cough*), that it was "makin' happy music" and there's "nothing wrong with that." Besides, CD that has a song about banana pancakes can't be all bad.

1 Comments:

  • At November 27, 2005 10:54 AM, Blogger rekkidbraka said…

    One of the reasons I enjoy Jack's music is b/c his wife Kim really *is* the love of his life -- there's no denying that if you read interviews w/him. I love it that he's a family guy who never intended for the music to come first but who understands how much his fans appreciate his sound and attitude while never letting it all go to his head. He's a classy, classy guy in a business full of swelled heads.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home