Sherman's Head

Monday, December 19, 2005

habits

So I was tagged by Rekkid and it's really late but here goes.

My 5 Weird Habits
  1. I am a piece-eater: Except for Chinese and Filipino food, I will eat each part of my meal separately. I will eat the fries then eat the burger. I will eat the potatoes, then the veggies and then the steak. In the case of the exceptions, the routine is generally rice with a little bit of meat/entree. For example, a piece of mongolian beef with white rice is one mouthful.

  2. I like to touch things: I am a Tactile Learner. I have come to accept this as a fact for me. I learn best when I am doing what I'm learning. I will touch things as a first instinct. When I was in bake shop, the chef/teacher was not very happy with me putting my hands on every piece of dough that came across my table and every ingredient that I used.

  3. I pick up conversations down the road with no warning: I'll be having a conversation with you and during a lull I'll pipe up with something totally unrelated. It's usually because I've been mulling over a topic we were talking about in my head and I have more to say on that. It's kind of unnerving to people who aren't used to talking to me. Most of the time, I can keep a linear conversation and I'll warn you most of the time if I'm switching gears but sometimes I'll just hop conversations.

  4. I bring knives wherever I go: I have this knife set. It's always in my car. Many people in foodservice would probably think this is not weird but a lot of my friends do. I have this thing about using other people's knives so I carry my own.

  5. I have this weird tendency of falling for my friends' interests: I have had crushes on any of my friends' crushes and girlfriends. I can't explain why I do this. I just do sometimes. I chalk it up to me and my friends having such similar tastes that they even run into our tastes in women. I've never acted upon these infatuations without discussing it with my friends beforehand. I think I've only ever lost one friend because of it. It was in high school and I chose to stay friends with the girl instead of my friend whom she dated and eventually broke up with. It was kind of shitty of me. I 'm still good friends with the girl now but I don't think I would've stayed friends with him. I guess I'll never know though.

So there you they are, very late, but I did finish and since I know no one that blogs ( that hasn't already been tagged and/or hasn't done this meme) I can't REALLY tag anyone... but on the hopes that they start their own blogs someday I will tag James, Tim, Dorothy, Chris (my cousin) and Julie.

1 Comments:

  • At December 25, 2005 6:41 AM, Blogger rekkidbraka said…

    I've noticed that you do the convo thing whenever we've talked on the phone, Sherman, but it didn't weird me out. Why? Because... *looks around* ...I do it TOO!

    Yep, I also think about things that other people have moved past and I'll just drop back to them in convo. It leaves my friends or family with a "The hell?" look. Unless they just come right out and say "What are you TALKING about?" to my face. They usually go for Door. No. 2. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home